The story of THE INSEMINATOR revolves around a family of three: a man, his daughter and son, who reside on top of a secluded mountain.
Mr. Boi, the dying father, calmly prepares for his journey to the netherworld. But before Death could reach him, he must accomplish one important mission: to find his mentally disabled son, the 16-year-old Ngo, a suitable woman, with whom he is to bear a male heir and maintain the family line. The problem is “the birds and the bees” talk seems to be the one lesson that the naïve and simple-minded Maize cannot get. Every time, Mr. Boi sends the boy to the night love market with high hopes that he would bring home a fertile female only to experience the anguish of stinging disappointment the next morning.
List Of Festival Screenings Worldwide
- 19th. BUSAN International Film Festival (October 2nd through 11th, 2014. Korean)
- The 20th Kolkata International Film Festival (November 10 –17, 2014 Kolkata, India)
- 38th Göteborg Film Festival (January 23 - February 2, 2015. Sweden)
- 44th International Film Festival Rotterdam (21 January - 1 February, 2015. Netherlands)
- ASEAN International Film Festival And Awards 2015 (AIFFA2015) (9 to 11 April, 2015. Kuching Sarawak)
- CPH PIX (Copenhagen Film Festivals) (19th - 22nd of April, 2015. Denmark)
- Bildrausch – Filmfest Basel (May 27th -> May 31th, 2015. Switzerland)
- 37th Moscow International Film Festival (June 19-26, 2015. Russia)
- Taipei Film Festival (26th June to 18th July, 2015. Taiwan)
- The 33. Munich International Filmfest (June 25 – July 4, 2015. Germany).
- Films from the South festival (8 to 18 October Oslo, Norway).
- 56th Thessaloniki International Film Festival (November, 2015. Greece).
- 9th Five Flavours Film Festival, Warsaw (November 2015. Poland)